This winter has been tough. 20 pounds worth of tough to be exact! But it's really got to come off. After all, summer is a comin'...And having lost 100 pounds (slowly!) back around 2006-2007 I'm terrified of being on this slippery slope. It's so easy to slide all the way down to the bottom when you're not paying attention.
I've been doing weight watchers for the last little while. And although it's worked for me in the past for whatever reason it's not really working this time. When I was at the bookstore last week I came across a book called "The Cheater's Diet" and after reading it, I think I'll give it a try.
Modified from the book this week's goals are:
1. Eat 2 fruit and 3 vegetable servings every day. No matter what. This is non-negotiable.
2. Cut my portion sizes by 25%. Again, non-negotiable.
3. Walk twice a week and do yoga once a week.
4. Weigh in. Done today...yup, 20 pounds :(
5. Keep a food journal.
6. Eat three meals a day. If dinner is going to be late, then have one small snack in the late afternoon.
7. Look over the week and incorporate 2 "cheater meals" and 2 "cheater snacks" into the week. But WATCH PORTIONS!
That's it. I'll check in next Wednesday and let you know how it's going. I'll also post new goals.